Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Wedding

Well the wedding is over and Colin and I snuck away from the very noisy party that is still echoing through the mountain tops. We were so hungry that we had to come back to our motel room to have something to eat! Neither of us eat oysters nor drink wine so we were sort of on the outer with the rest of the crowd!
The wedding was at Hargraves lookout just out of Blackheath in the Blue Mountains. I raved about the place yesterday having caught it in the sunlight.
Just to prove how terrific it looks on a good day I am including a shot from yesterday because today was cold and damp and the sky, very dark.
So all that practicing I did with the camera was to no avail - except that I have some bright photos to include with the wedding ones! I had to do another quick rehearsal before the actual wedding and snapped away at some of the guests. by the time Jess arrived (Adam was there before any of us) I was confident of getting my shots. Here are a couple of them I will share tonight. I think I was the only one who raced around the crowd to get the couple "walking down the Aisle".

You can see the gloomy clouds behind everyone. It was really cold too and Jess was eager to get into the warmth of the car! I think it was down to 9 degrees and there was a breeze too.
Before they reached the car I called Jess and Adam to come back and pose with the cliffs behind them. The wedding was with the valley behind them so there is no background at all other than the railings of the lookout and very distant dark hills where as on this side where they walked to the car the scenery is lovely.
I may even cheat and put them and the railing in front of that sunny picture, the cliffs look so clear! What do you think? This is the reason they chose this location, after all.
One great thing about the grey lighting - there are no hard shadows like were in the shots I took in the evening sun yesterday. So I managed to have an assistant with a reflector after all! The clouds were my reflectors!
(Click on any picture to see it larger then hit the return arrow to return to this blog)
AJ

2 comments:

  1. A very romantic place to get married
    but chilly..brr
    I thought the bride looked lovely
    and very happy in a serene sort of way
    Well done.
    A lovely photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Wooders, I had fun taking video and photos - I was not the official photographer so could relax and take what I wanted. I don't think I could take the pressure of being a paid photographer!

    ReplyDelete