Monday, February 25, 2013

A few days away



Tonight I write from a new destination only a little more than an hour from home on the New South Wales coast at a tiny town called Lennox Head. The only downside I have found so far is the exercise that is needed to get from the car to the unit – several banks of steps, both up and down. On my last excursion carrying stuff up from the car I counted the steps – 50 of them! Ah well, I shall not need to go to a gym for a while!
The place is very attractive and well located. We didn't need to take the car to get to the centre of the town or to the beach.
Here is a look at our Resort (Headland Resort) as seen from the door to our self contained unit.

You can just make out the lap pool at the bottom of the picture, it is very popular and seems to be in use all the time. Of course the temperature is ideal for swimming, it is both hot and humid since the rain with the mercury around 27 degrees and the humidity around 80 per cent. The sea is far too rough to be a good place for swimming and a walk along the sand was an exercise in “dodge the stingers”. The rough seas have washed in hundreds of these stinging jelly fish.

But I was talking about the place we are staying in. It is a one bedroom unit with a bathroom that even contains a spa bath, and a large lounge, kitchen and dining area..

Looking through the bedroom window we can see the sea and the town and the headland.

Finally a photograph I took as we walked along the sands. The tide was almost at its lowest revealing a few little rocks that I found made an interesting foreground for the view of the headland.

The sands are firm to walk on so I did not even have to remove my shoes. The sight of all those jelly fish would have prevented me from removing my shoes anyway! You can tell from the sky and from the dismal grey look of the salt spray that the rainy weather is not over yet. Hopefully we shall get windows of time like this when we can get out and enjoy the sights of the area. We shall make the most of our four days away!
AJ

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Thanks, However
    I am having problems with your RSS. I don't know why I cannot join it. Is there anyone else getting identical RSS issues? Anyone who knows the answer will you kindly respond? Thanx!!

    Also visit my page - free online puzzle games

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed your visit to my pages, "anonymous" a faceless visitor!!

    ReplyDelete