Monday, July 5, 2010

A character of the Australian Bush

I takes me a while to find my way around my new toys! I thought it was rather strange that I had no manual control over the 70-300mm lens on my new Nikon D90 - well, I found out that all I have to do is switch a lever on the front of the camera near the lens and I have isolated the lens from the auto controls! I am happy now!
With my previous camera I selected an option from the camera menu for manual control - not with this one!

While looking through my pictures - I do that occasionally! I came across this character study I took when I visited Jondaryan for the heavy horse work day. This man was marching across from one place to another when I stopped him and asked if he minded if I took a photo of him.
f/10 1/500 sec ISO 400 28mm

He was a little embarrassed but I chatted to him once I had fired my shot. Fortunately the Olympus camera was still working this day and the first shot was a good one because this fellow was not going to stand still for any longer than he had to! I asked him if he was exhibiting his horses today and he opened up about his training methods and his aspirations. I married a country fellow so I know that the way to get a "bushy" to open up is to talk about his main interest. Since we were at a heavy horse demonstration day it was a safe bet that this man was also interested in heavy horses.

AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment