Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A country Art Gallery

Not too far from the border between New South Wales and Queensland is a country town called Murwillumbah. I have visited the town many times in the past but had never been to see the art gallery. This week changed all that!
The Art gallery is a short distance out of the town itself and on the top of a rise. After parking the vehicle I dashed back down the drive to take a photo of the metal art that decorated the garden and caught my eye as we drove in.
f/13   1/100   ISO250   38mm
The entrance to the Art Gallery is very striking with its strong lines. Most people walk in without really noticing but when you have a camera in your hands it is difficult to walk past anything that catches your eye!
f/8   1/100   ISO250   20mm
Stepping through the doorway I was immediately struck by the dramatic window and the silhouettes of the people in the foyer. The view through the window is like a picture hanging on a wall – except that it is a constantly changing picture.
f/13   1/100   ISO250   22mm
Inside the gallery are so many wonderful things to linger near. There are paintings, big and small and some photographs that are quite thought provoking, I found a row of black Madonnas hanging in a long row on one of the walls, the shape of each was exactly the same but everyone was detailed quite differently in black and grey and they were adorned with feathers and beads and wire in different ways too. They were created by two aboriginal artists in WA.
f/4   1/40   ISO250   24mm
I could not resist stepping outside those windows in the foyer and taking a long look at the view from the Art Gallery. The Tweed River and the lush Tweed Valley was spread out in front of me. I would imagine that someone with a love of landscape painting would love to stand right here and try to capture the scene in water colours.
 f/25   1/100   ISO250   36mm
For me the joy of photography gives me that same pleasure!
AJ


No comments:

Post a Comment