Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Removing an object from a photo

A few days ago I attended a demonstration of Corel Paint at which participants were shown how efficiently the program removed an unwanted object from a picture. "I wish I could do that" was the comment by one of the people who accompanied me. Well you can! That is, you can if you have Photoshop Elements!
I have version 9 so I can show you with that - version 10 is out now and the process will be just the same, I am sure.
I have a photo in which there is a stack of "witches hats" that look completely out of place.
 This is a closer look at that pile of witches hats.
 Get the spot healing brush - you may need to hold the tool button down to get it.
Some of the tools have a little black arrow in the corner, this means there are more tools hidden underneath that can be revealed by holding the cursor down for a couple of seconds.
Now go to the top of the screen to the Menu Bar and click to put a spot in Content Aware

Paint over the object that you do not want in the picture - you do not have to be too careful.
Paint all over the object so it is covered with the grey - do not stop or lift the brush, keep on going.
When you stop the object will vanish!
Have a try, you will be amazed!
AJ        joanren@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment