Friday, March 26, 2010

A holiday at "Coffs"

Colin and I will be staying in Coffs Harbour for seven days. On our arrival to this popular tourist town we just had to call into the most famous place in this region - the Big Banana! We had promised to bring back a souvenir for each of the children so we just had to call in so we could get something!
Colin was my willing subject for a shot of the landmark - All I had to do was tell him where to stand!
We could not leave without sampling a banana - this is the premiere banana growing area in NSW - so we ordered a banana split - and yum! It was good! Large and sweet and delicious and almost too much for any one person to eat on their own - but we had one each and we left ..... nothing!
A visit to the Information centre was our next call. There we met Dave who didn't actually know as much about the region as I did but he was entertaining and he took a real shine to us! I had been on the 'net and made a list of all the places that sounded interesting and although Dave had not been to half of the places at least he was able to show us on the main map where the little towns were that I asked about. He was a lovely fellow! He even suggested a restaurant where we could celebrate our anniversary!
Armed with a few maps and booklets we booked into our accommodation. We had forgotten that there was an hour's time difference so had to put the clocks forward and after putting in the key for the Wireless connection I then made the evening meal. The connection is so poor in our room that I have had to walk 50 metres or more to the games room where I am at the moment. Unfortunately there is no spare power point so I have to run on batteries! But the Internet is FREE so I am very lucky!
A picture taken in the smart lounge room of our two bedroom unit. The place looks as if it has been recently refurbished, it is very attractive and new.
All this post is being written on a tiny little 10 inch laptop and I feel that I can happily take it with me when I go to New Zealand next month and manage. I had a feeling I would need to take my regular laptop (17inch) if this one was not up to the task of uploading pictures and writing in the blog.
I am not sure which direction we shall be going tomorrow, I shall have to look at the booklets and make a decision - Aren't I lucky, I get to choose!
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment