Sunday, December 26, 2010

A new toy

It was a big surprise when I opened one of my gifts from Colin on Christmas morning. The gift he had given me was the size of my flip mobile phone and was a JVC camera for taking blog movies! He and my son Paul had been aware of me checking out the results of the different blog cameras on youtube and with Paul's help - because Colin doesn't even know how to turn a computer "on" - a camera was purchased "on-line". It is actually a superceded JVC camera and very cheap, ($135.00) but what the heck! It is so much fun to use! This is my first attempt with it - imagine taking video with your left hand as your right hand is doing the chores, that is what I did!

Click on the video to view in Youtube - some of it has been cropped in this blog.
The results are far from perfect and the quality is not really all that crash hot - but it is better than the quality from Steven's standard definition hard drive camera.
The camera model is GC-FM1 and takes an SDHC card . I simply push the card into the laptop, use Windows explorer to move the video files (MOV) to my hard drive and then edit them with Premiere Elements 9. The voice over is recorded with Cool Edit Pro 2 using a Skype headset microphone.
Obviously the video would have been much better if I had been doing more than just making sure the lens was pointing in the right direction. But I wanted to share my "number one" video with my blog camera!

We have had so much rain just lately that the lorikeets have spent almost every morning pooping on our chairs! Once they have been fed we have to get the hose and wash everything down! Because they are nectar eaters the bird poo is just wet - but sometimes they have found some purple fruit and their squirts are rather showy! Mulberry season is a good time for multiple verandah hosings!

Hmm! Should I have shared that with you? !!!!!!
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment