Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Night works

My son is still showing off this area of Queensland to his girlfriend and when he offered to take me along with him when he took her up a nearby hill to see the lights of the Gold Coast I immediately said "yes", Not to worry, his plan was not to go "parking"! He really did want to show off the pretty vista! So with the entire family aboard his 4x4 and with every member carrying a camera of one kind or another and two tripods as well, we drove about five kilometres up "Monaro Drive". What a steep road! I have driven past this road so many times but have never driven up it - now I know not to!
f3.5  3 sec  ISO 200   18mm
This first image is of Surfers Paradise. I used two focal lengths since I was using the 18-55mm lens. To take the photos I put the camera into Live View which flips the mirror up - of course I was one of the two people using a tripod!
f/5.6 3sec ISO 200 55mm
And this second picture is using the other end of the lens. The very tall highrise building is right in the centre of Surfers Paradise and is known as the Q1 and is the tallest residential tower in the southern hemisphere.
I love having the opportunity to try something different with my camera!
Do click on each of the pictures if you would like to see them larger.
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment