Tuesday, December 29, 2009

and still it rains . . .

The rain is still falling, it was only light through the night but when daylight broke the clouds did too and as I write it is still "pelting it down". I have just looked out down our back yard - we have an acre of land - and it looks a little damp. So far it is not flooding. Our next door neighbour's land is lower next to the billabong and it is already covered with water as is his neighbour on the other side. The horse paddock in that yard is non existent now and the horse has been moved up near to the house.
I took my car to be serviced this morning and tossed a large white umbrella in the front seat so that I would not get wet going into the office at the workshop. Just before I arrived the rain started to come down even heavier and even with the wipers going I could barely see out of the windscreen. Pulling up at the workshop I manoeuvred my umbrella through a crack in the open door and tried to open it so that I didn't get too wet - but the stupid thing turned inside out! There is not much shelter under a "brolly" that is inverted! I had to make a dash for it. To close the umbrella I had to stomp on the thing to make the wires turn over. When I got inside the office there were three fellows splitting their sides with laughter. The walls of the office are glass and they had witnessed the whole drama!
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment