Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas and birthday

The decorating just never ends!
I have just put the finishing touches to yet another Christmas cake. This time I have been rather radical - I cut the cake in two and as my husband has his birthday on December 24th I made one half a birthday cake and the other the Christmas cake! That way we have a new cake for each occasion and if we decide not to cut the chrissy cake it will stay moist in its icing wrapper! When racing the shopping crowd this morning to get a few fresh vegies I called in to the bakery to get my favourite "Tiger bread" and spotted some fabulous gingerbread houses on display. I asked if I might take a photo of them and was given permission so I am sharing them with you. They are lovely - it would be a shame to cut into them. I think gingerbread houses might be more of a German tradition because I have not come across them for Christmas before. I believe the baker is either Austrian or German.
On Monday I took a few photos of some of the Christmas decorated houses and will show a couple of shots in another blog.
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment