Sunday, December 20, 2009

Stitching a panorama

Having decided to show the members of Visions how to use Photoshop to stitch a series of photographs together to make one panorama, I decided to take a cruise through the free programs offered on Google. The first one I downloaded is actually a program developed by Microsoft and after using it I have given up looking at any of the other programs or stitching photos in Photoshop. Take a look at this panorama.

It was created from four photos while I was on a holiday in September to the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney.
When I looked at the photos I could not work out how to stitch them together, the overlaps were not clear and the colour of the foreground and of the sky differed in every shot. I had put that collection of shots on the back burner - you can tell that because I told you they were taken in September!
I converted each of the four photos from RAW to jpg and saved them in a separate folder before opening all of them together in Microsoft ICE. less than 30 seconds later the shot I have shown here was the result. There is no obvious join anywhere. I magnified the image and really looked for joins but found none.
If you would like to get hold of this program Google search for Microsoft ICE and download and save the program, then install it. AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment