Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Another Photoshop effect to try

I thought it was about time I taught myself how to use a new filter in Photoshop. So after working quickly on a couple of pictures (after all this was just an experiment!) I duplicated the image and with the duplicate applied a lighting effect. You can see from the screen grab the settings I picked. The effect was rather good so I have included a couple of before and after shots to show how it looks when used.
To get to the lighting effects go to Filter>Render>Lighting Effects and have a play! When the omni lighting effect is used - this is the one I particularly liked - it seems to have the effect of brightening in the area of the circle - which can be resized and moved too - and darkening the surrounds. Well the darkening is created by moving the "ambience" slider. This darkening is loosely like adding a vignette to the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment