Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Silly Season

This time of year has been called the "silly Season" for all sorts of reasons - usually because of the quantity of alcohol that is consumed. Yesterday I found examples of three people who took the name very seriously and I am unable to show you a photo of any of them because I was driving the car at the time.
The first was a man who must have been building his own home because stretched from the back seat and out through the passenger window were at least ten dark stained planks of wood of various lengths.
The next was also a driver with something reaching through the front window, this time a roll of carpet. The only thing is that as the car moved forward the pressure of the air pushed the extension almost to right angles beside the passenger window. The extension would have been over a metre long.
But everything comes in threes and the third driver stupidity came as I neared home and turned left on a feeder lane to be confronted with a car in the other lane with a passenger leaning body length out of his window guiding two (TWO) inter - linked shopping trolleys beside the car..
He let go the trolleys with one hand to frantically gesture for us to go past faster and by doing so lost direction with the trolleys and they swung into the car (his not ours), in the rear view mirror I could see them pulling into the side to see the damage!
So now I think I have seen everything! Pity the camera was in my bag on the back seat! I would have loved to have shared those with you - especially the last!
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment