Saturday, June 12, 2010

Cars, cars, cars

This week has been one of rock and roll and nostalgia for the 60's down on the border of New South Wales and Queensland where there has been the Wintersun Festival - the last of the Wintersun festivals up in this part of the country.
Colin and I crawled around the streets of Coolangatta for a good half hour in search of a place to park within reasonable walking distance - when we arrived in the main "drag" we could see why there were no parking places left - thousands upon thousands of people were there. Poor old Colin did not like it at all. He suffers from industrial deafness which means that when there is a lot of noise he cannot hear conversation - and noise there was in plenty. Rock and Roll bands were blasting out from the stages and when the parade passed by it was made up of several bands and all going their hardest. I loved it!
I have taken a few photos as well as a stretch of video (not included here) An if you would like to see more of the cars and the colourful people who managed to get in front of my camera, just follow the link to my Web Album.
You can view the images one by one or you can select Slideshow - but I recommend that in slideshow you immediately click the pause symbol. And use the arrow pad to progress through the pictures. Give them time to load!
http://picasaweb.google.com.au/joanren/WintersunCoolangatta?feat=directlink
The cars were glorious. I loved them all, they were shiny and bright and presented so well. I have no idea how many cars there would have been but easily five hundred. If I had taken a shot of each one I could publish a book! Trouble is that I have no idea what each car is until I look at the badge! They just look good!
AJ

1 comment:

  1. You got some great shots of American Muscle Cars in your gallery! We had a show like this last summer on our main street. It always draws a crowd. There is never enough room on the sidewalks. The cars parade down the mainstreet showing off their sound.

    ReplyDelete