Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sounds amazing

We occasionally get a visit from a kookaburra as it checks out the boundary to its territory. When it finds an intruder there is a little shouting for a while. I was able to record this snatch of the conversation.

The accompanying animation was created from seven photos (I copied the head and pasted on one picture) I have not discovered how to upload sound only to this blog so I have been forced to create a video. It does make the sound belong to something - so I guess making a video of the sound isn't such a bad thing!
The pity is that the picture is not correct for the sound - there were three kookaburras all sitting on this same branch and I spotted them from the house and managed to get the sound recorder out there but not the camera. When a Kookaburra calls, it points its beak upwards.
AJ

1 comment: