Saturday, December 22, 2012

Tying the knot

Today I used the camera even though I was a guest. A young friend had invited me to her wedding ceremony and I did warn her that I was so attached to my camera that it went everywhere with me! The shots I managed to take haven't turned out too badly - the sky was rather white and ultra difficult because of its glaryness  (is there such a word?) but since I take all my photos in RAW I am able to rescue over bright bits (sometimes not so well if there is too much over exposure). I have not had to throw any of my shots away so I guess you can say I managed!
The young bride and groom had a photographer for the day - a stony faced young woman who never smiled once all afternoon. She also did not take one shot from any other height than eye level. That surprised me. It is so easy to vary shots by holding the camera high or low or even by standing on a small platform to look down. She was less than half my age and I never saw her bend down once.
I was not in competition with the photographer. I kept well out of the way and just had fun with the camera - zipping in to sit on one of the front seats to get a prime position! The ducking back out to the side to get the guests watching.
This is one of the shots from the day.

I will put all the pictures into an album so they can be shared by the newly weds with their guests - and I can share them with you! I do not sell my pictures, I just take them because I enjoy taking them.
AJ

3 comments:

  1. That is a very good tip particularly to those new to the blogosphere.
    Brief but very accurate information… Thanks for sharing this one.
    A must read article!
    My website ... futures trading demo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! I appreciate you taking the time to write them.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete