Thursday, December 20, 2012

White on the top

The past few days have been "stinking hot" with very high humidity so when I came across the pictures from my holiday in New Zealand I felt so much cooler! My visit was in Autumn and the cold had not yet descended to road level - a perfect time for travel in that country. The trees are in their colourful glory and you can explore without having to be weighted down by heavy clothing.
It was the following two photographs that brought my temperature down.

As we drove along we could see that the snow was just starting to settle on the top of the alps. This is in the Mount Cook range of mountain tops but I am afraid that I have no idea of the names of the peaks

I have a feeling that the peak shown in this second picture is that of Mount Cook. To see the pictures more clearly click on one and it will open in a new page.
The South Island of New Zealand is a photographer's paradise, it is filled with lakes, rives, mountains and glorious scenery, the coastline is stunning and there is so much variety in landscape in such a small (half of a) country.
I definitely feel a lot cooler!
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment