Saturday, January 23, 2010

doggy haircut

Lucky Byron had a visit to the poodle parlour where he could catch up with all the other shaggy dogs in the neighbourhood a couple of days ago.
When I walk Byron past dogs in the street he just has to reach out and see if he knows them but when I take him for a haircut you would think he was unaware of the other dogs. It is really strange - he loves the girls who do the clipping and he loves the fuss they make of him and he loves the treats they give him afterwards but he could not really care less about the other dogs no matter how large or small!
So our super woolly boy is now slim and sleek and able to sneak through the long grass without touching it!
We took him (and Samson) to the park - and as you can see from the photos, the fellows responsible for the upkeep had been a little slack! Great conditions for paralysis ticks!
Throughout the park are jumps and ramps and poles for playing with the dogs - and they love it when I run with them and make them jump over things. The jumps are only knee height and the run is not as fast as it could be (my tiny grandkids could beat me!) but the dogs have fun and I get a bit of exercise too!
Did I tell you that Byron has celebrated his tenth birthday? He is a senior citizen now!
AJ





No comments:

Post a Comment