Thursday, January 21, 2010

Macro monster

I took the advice of the comment with my photos of the dragonfly and when a strange and hairy little critter was spotted in the dogs water dish I fished it out and reached for the Samsung NV3 and while bugsy was trying to find the OTHER side of the shopping docket I one handedly pressed the macro button and got close and personal.
What a fast moving thing it was - those long hairs at the front (I think it was the front!) were waving all over the place so I didn't think I would get a decent shot of him but you can see them quite well in the second shot. No way would I have managed to get this close with the SLR - I would have had to take a shot from about five feet away and crop the image severely - as I did with the dragonflies.
No I don't think I will bother with spending heaps of money on a macro lens when my "reserve" camera will do the job I want!
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment