Sunday, August 14, 2011

day one in Melbourne


My first day in Melbourne is now a memory, the sun decided to stay hidden for my introduction to this southern capital but my host for this first day, Barbara, was able to take me around the bay south of the city and show off some of the beauty of that coast line. Of course I was told that on a sunny day that you could see right across to the point on the other side and how beautiful the city looked from here! The imagination had to do! On this day the city was a blurry blob of grey shapes masked by grey haze.
It is such a long time since I came to Melbourne that it is like coming to the place for the first time! Driving from the Airport past new city buildings was thrilling. The straight up and down style of functionality has been replaced by curves and dramatic extrusions and exciting architecture.
There is a dog in the home I am staying and being a doggy person it is difficult to fathom why this little schnauzer is keeping me at paws length. I just had a mini cough and the wretched thing barked wildly! I feel on the outer!
This morning the sun is making an effort to shine – there is blue sky and a few clouds that do look as if they could get thicker – but I will keep my fingers crossed! I love the sun!
No photos to share just yet but I intend to do something about that very shortly!
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment