Sunday, August 14, 2011

Into the City


My morning was spent teaching my host computer techniques – nothing new in that activity! I always seem to find someone who needs some help with one program or another. Today it was video editing. The program I had brought with me did not work on the computer so I downloaded a freebie which is actually very good for someone just starting out. For anyone wanting more control over the sound (this free program will only allow the entire sound track to be made louder or softer) this program will not do – so I hesitate to recommend it. It is much better to start with a program that will do all that is required and learn how to use it than to get a program that you will end up feeling it is inadequate.
After lunch the clothes were tucked back into the suitcase and Mary and I were taken into the city where we booked into the Mantra on Carlton. This will be our home for three nights.
I just have to share a picture of some of the old buildings - these are very expensive and very small homes.
After the mandatory cup of tea (Something I just HAVE to do when arriving at any new place!) I took my camera for a walk because across the road from the Mantra I could see a park and beyond that the Exhibition building.
The sun was still out and the clouds made the sky very pretty so this afternoon was perfect for taking a few pictures. Off I went and was soon in the park and opposite a magnificent fountain. There were lots of couples taking photos of each other with the fountain behind them but I chose to have my fountain on its own!
Walking around the fountain I noticed there was a rainbow so I turned the circular polarizing filter until it was the most colourful and this is the result.
Then I walked around to the sunny side of the building and took a shot from there.
Next door to the Exhibition building is the Melbourne Museum. This is an amazing looking building. I wandered all the way around it and took lots of photos.

After I am back on the Gold Coast and with my regular laptop, I will put the photos I have taken in Melbourne into a web album and share the link to it.
This evening I am off to have a meal at a “posh” Indonesian Restaurant. I have put on my glad rags! Wanna come?
AJ

2 comments:

  1. Oh Aj, Carlton my home town :)
    Isn't it just an amazing city though? Melbourne is famous for the little side streets and alley's dotted throughout the city's streets and laneways. Great for exploring and some of the most beautiful old buildings.
    Thank you for sharing again!

    ReplyDelete