Sunday, February 21, 2010

Dragon boats


Today I dragged my darling hubby along to a place called Emerald Lakes where there was lots of colour both on the buildings and on the water. This evening I am only showing the water colour (Oops. I just read what I wrote!!!) there was an event on the normally empty lake that made the air resound with the sound of cheering voices and the placid waters ripple with the dip and splash of paddles.
My son gave me his little Sony Handycam to try out - which I did. It does not have a view finder and I found it impossible to know if I was getting anything in the screen! It was a surprise when I got home to find I had three little clips that I could run together of the dragon boat racing. A long cry from the videos I usually make but fun all the same.
The photographs I took later in the day were much better (no handycam video!) and they were of the buildings of Emerald Lakes. I will show them tomorrow.
However this picture of Michealangelo's David will give a small clue as to the style of the architecture of the buildings!

I have tried to upload a copy of the video I made with no success, I shall have one more try and if it is in this post ... Well I will have succeeded!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyba7cln_Vo
I need encouragement!!
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment