Thursday, February 4, 2010

Using a shareware program on photos

I love experimenting with new programs - I downloaded a shareware program called FotoSketcher and had a play with it. This is the idea of "Shareware" you can try before you buy. There are so many presets that do an amazing job of a photo it seems silly to move any of the sliders to create more - but of course I did! I am first showing the original picture - the one I selected at random to test the program. I actually do not know what I would do with any one of these effects but I must agree that it was fun creating the following pictures!
I have never really wanted to create a watercolor or an oil painting effect from one of my photos but this little program can do that quite effortlessly - and you can select the texture of the material the "painting" has been created on! Those effects I did not show - or this mail would be as long as your arm!
Here are just some of the different variations that FotoSketcher can give.
As you can see the variation each have their own appeal. Do a "Google search" for Fotosketcher if you are interested in having a go! The programmer is in the USA and it is not an expensive purchase if you want to keep it.
AJ



No comments:

Post a Comment