Saturday, April 3, 2010

Holiday pics

Taday I took not one photograph and yet the day has been filled with the joy of photography. After our last holiday in the Blue Mountains and our visit to Canberra to see the amazing floral display at the "Floriade" I put my photos together into a photo-book. Today I collected that book from BigW - I had created the book on-line and chose the cheaper option of collecting the book in person rather than have it posted to me. This is the first time I had created a 12" x 12" book and as well as a personalised hard cover it has 48 pages of memories! There is a standard price for 20 pages and after that you can add more and more pages to suit the number of pictures you have. I created each page myself, arranging the photos and inserting text so I loaded one photo per page. Additional pages are added two at a time (face and reverse side) so deciding on the correct number of pages was easy for me.
Both Colin and I have been through that book several times already and have even taken it around to a friend's home to show it off! I can see my bookshelves being filled with our own creations (yes, Colin's photos are mixed in with mine) and the old books put into the recycle bin to make room for them! Anyone want 30+ year old Encyclopaedia Britanica collection? The gold embossed set looks smart and has had lots of use but it doesn't generate any interest these days - but is a great dust collector!
Easter Sunday is tomorrow and with one son now in Alice Springs - and taking a group of 45 cyclists and their cycles in a double decker bus to some place south of Darwin - our family will not be all together this year. Easter Sunday is a day for children and we grand-parents will be joining our littlies and giving them chocolate eggs. We have been invited to a midday barbecue.
I wish everyone who visits my blog a Happy Easter - and maybe you have had to buy yourself some chocolate, as I have - I think everyone else is watching my figure! Have a great day.
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment