Sunday, April 11, 2010

Packing the cases

Once again the house is in turmoil as Colin and I pack up our cases for yet another trip away from home. This time we are off to New Zealand.
The family has just called in to say goodbye and the last minute tasks are underway - weeds are being sprayed on the driveway so that we do not return to a jungle! I am gathering bits and pieces that will make self catering a little easier - the picnic cups and plates, salt and pepper and things that can safely be taken overseas.
For three days we shall explore around Christchurch in the South Island and then we shall be based at Wanaka which is about 30km from Queenstown in the centre of the South Island, for seven days. We intend to work our little hire car to the limit to explore as much as we can - however the main purpose of our trip is for Photography.
It is Autumn in NZ and I am hoping to be able to find plenty of colour in the trees and perhaps a little snow on the mountain tops. I think that both Colin and I are past wanting to play in the snow so we will not be trying to examine the snow up close!
This week I have spent my time catching up on regular things - as well as making a little video from the footage I took with Steven's hard drive camera. Since I am most unimpressed at the picture quality of that camera I will take the small Panasonic 3 chip video camera instead. Yes, tapes, extra battery and charger have to be included so more room taken up in the suitcase! But the picture quality - although 4:3 - is much better than the Sony. It also does not mis-behave when I move the camera (pan). With the footage shot in mpg the picture gives little jumps when the camera or when anything such as a leaf, moves. Its a pity because the camera is so small it is easy to whip out and use.
So the blog may be quiet this week - but just wait until Wednesday - then there will be a daily update. Everything depends on Internet connection of course - I may have to buy a prepaid USB connections if there are problems.
So ..... Watch this space!
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment