Friday, August 27, 2010

New lens for the Nikon

For quite a while I was toying with the idea of ditching the Samsung NV3 and replacing it with something newer. It was taking me forever to analyse the pros and cons of the point and shoot cameras available - and justifying the prices of them. Cheap cameras did not offer the features I wanted - such as a reasonable zoom - up to 7x - and possibly a viewfinder. The cameras that did appeal were almost as expensive as an entry level SLR (the SLR has many more features than the expensive point and shoot). So for a fraction of the price I bought a 50mm lens that gives an aperture up to f/1.8.
These are three photographs taken with the new lens
f/3.5   1/400sec   ISO 400

f/3.5   1/640 sec ISO 400

f/3.5 1/400sec  ISO 400
The Samsung is back in my shoulder bag for those moments when the SLR is at home and now I have a camera for all occasions! The Nikon D90 is a pleasure to use and is often used or else it is pulled out and admired! It is very much loved! The three lenses I have will suit all situations. I do not have a dedicated macro lens but the Samsung copes with my rare macro needs very well

Taken with a point and shoot MACRO setting

This shot of the seeds on the core of a capsicum that was used in my evening meal was taken with the Samsung with the macro setting. For the few occasions I want macro shots I shall use this camera. It is the picture not the camera that is important.
AJ

1 comment:

  1. So true. The end result is more important than the means that got it there!

    Have fun playing with the new lens!

    ReplyDelete