Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Colourful people

There were two different festivals close to home last weekend and I managed to get along to both of them. I really enjoy the annual Multicultural Festival where people who came from other countries show off their dress, dance, food and customs. There were many stalls - small tents - that offered such a wonderful variety of different foods that it would be easy to spend all one's time eating! My choice was something from the Indian cuisine, spicy and delicious! but that did not stop me from wandering around and enjoying the smells that emanated from the other stalls and their sweet or savoury offerings.
f/5.6  1/200 ISO 650
This group of colourful characters were posing for a photo for the local newspaper (didn't get in the paper though) and I happened to be right there! The tall young man on the right is an Australian Surf Lifesaver. So even people who have a long line of Australians in their ancestry were represented. The three girls are Australians too but they are "first generation Australians".
To see more of my photographs taken at this festival click on this link and you will be able to view them.
The other festival I attended was called a Body Painting Expo. This was inside a very dark pavilion at the show-grounds and I was unable to take any photos inside without the flash. I tried increasing the ISO but if I wanted blurred photos that would have been OK - but I didn't!

I had a flash diffuser in my handbag (I have one of those "everything but the kitchen sink"bags) so was able to make use of the pop up flash. The outdoor shots were taken without the flash even though the sky was covered with cloud and so made the light weak.
f/5.3  1/100  ISO 650   with flash + diffuser
Again, if you would like to see the photos I took at the Body Painting Expo, click on this link and you will be taken there. Incidentally, all the pictures in this blog and earlier blogs, react to a left mouse click!
There are always interesting activities happening in this part of the world. The Gold Coast is a tourist destination and those of us who live here are very fortunate in that we can participate in all these special activities too!
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment