Sunday, September 5, 2010

new breeds of dogs - to me

At the Pet Expo that I visited only yesterday I took a couple of pictures that I must share with you - of dogs that I found rather unusual. I had heard of the Chinese Crested Dog but I had never seen one except in cartoons so when I spotted one being pampered and admired in one of the little tents I asked if I could take a photo or two. Most of the body is covered with very short and quite soft hair so that it looks hairless. There are tufts of longer hair on the tail and on the feet and top of the head - so the poor thing looks quite comical. I like this shot because it conveys the character of the animal.
f/7.1  1/250  ISO 200    50mm
The green is a neck scarf advertising a local veterinary group that has been tied around its naked neck. The swish of long hair on its top knot and ears stuck out at right angles make me smile. I am quite happy that I do not have one!

My next dog is one that I could happily own, I thought him so beautiful.

f/8  1/400  ISO 400  50mm
I assumed that this dog was an albino but the owner assured me that his dog was not albino but was a white Swiss Shepherd and that there were approximately 5000 of them in Australia alone.  But this is one gorgeous dog - and during the day at the Expo I saw one other being led around, so maybe there is a club either here on the Gold Coast or in Brisbane.
Finally a really beautiful dog that is easily recognised. A golden retriever - a lovely pale colour! I want one!

f/8 1/800 ISO 400 50mm
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment