Monday, September 6, 2010

My "super dogs"

Yesterday I showcased a couple of unusual dogs but today I am showing off my own two handsome companions. After spotting a new rose in my garden and grabbing the camera to keep a record of it (It is a lovely orange color) I was confronted by my two hounds who thought I had found something they could eat! Since they had made the effort to come outside into the sunlight I encouraged them to sit so that I could take their portraits!
I still have my 50mm lens on the Nikon D90 and am really enjoying using it. So with this lens I took these two photos

f/6.3   1/125  ISO 200 50mm

f/6.3  1/50 ISO200 50mm
Fortunately for me, I shoot in RAW, which means I can change the exposure if I need to - and I did need to. Aiming the camera at a dark animal - especially black Samson - to focus, the camera interpreted the speed needed incorrectly and my shot was very over exposed. in fact both these pictures were over exposed. Reducing the exposure in ACR I found that none of the detail had been lost.
I replaced the brick background behind Byron with one of my textures. It was a little bit fiddly around his curly locks but I like the way the background sets him off - the colour of the bricks that were behind him didn't suit his colouring! (I know! I cheat!)
AJ

1 comment:

  1. What a great photo of Byron The other does not appear.! Nicely placed in the frame to allow space for his gaze to the left.

    ReplyDelete