Monday, September 21, 2009

Recovered photos

Not only have I recovered from all the driving and exploring done during the past 14 days but I have also recovered my lost photos!
Thanks to a malfunction of the laptop as I was about to download my photos from one of my 4G Compact Flash memory cards, I thought I had lost all of my photographs taken over the previous three days,. Many had already been copied to the laptop so were not lost at all but the pictures that I regretted losing were the shots I had taken inside the Jenolan Caves and in the Blue Mountains Botanical Gardens.
I had downloaded a couple of programs from the 'net and resolved to wait until I was back on my big computer to do anything with them. Of course the programs searched for the files and they did find them but it was impossible to save them without first purchasing the program. Very clever! Of course I could not turn away and let this opportunity go! I had to purchase one of them - so I went for the one that worked the fasted and was really simple to use. It is called, very simply, "CardRecovery" from www.cardrecovery.com and costs less than $50 - using PayPal.
This is one of the many photos I recovered - and "yes" the photos are the full pixel count and include the RAW files too.
The pictures I took in the Jenolan Caves were taken without a flash so they were taken using a very slow shutter speed. I do not have a steady hand at any time and after clambering up and down the 950 steps I was definitely not able to keep my hands from shaking! So I used a bendy Gorilla-pod. I would wrap the legs around the handrail and I prayed that it would provide the stability I needed. The Handrail was highly polished after years of hands using it so I would try to get to where the handrail and upright met so that I could utilize that post too.
I have a few blurred shots but I have several very good shots too so I felt that recovering my photos was well worth the money I spent on the recovery Program.
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment