Tuesday, September 8, 2009

From Port Macquarie to the Blue Mountains

If you have ever wondered where the people of Port Macquarie have gone - I think I have found the answer. Very few people were about this morning and I was enjoying having the parks and the ocean views to myself when this very large dog appeared. Wow! Was he big! I thought that my two hounds were large until I met this fella! So I think I have found the solution to the dwindling population! He must eat huge meals! I managed to catch up with the owner and he told me his companion was an Irish Wolfhound. I asked him if I could take a picture of him with his dog so that I had some means of showing how big it was. It must rival the great dane for size!

The storms that heralded our arrival in Port Macquarie had all evaporated through the night
so I was able to take a few photographs in sunlight after all.

The drive to the Blue Mountains was uneventful (fortunately) and we found our motel easily, thanks to our super GPS. It would have been much harder if I had to rely on my not so good map reader in the passenger seat!
After exploring the area a little to check out where to get our groceries and where we could go for meals and that sort of thing, I decided I wanted to get a sunset shot before we had our evening meal. The owner of the motel advised us to go to a lake at Wentworth Falls but once we were in the car I decided I would prefer to go to the Three Sisters because we needed to be on a western face. I think the locals have forgotten about looking at their own scenery! The Motel owner was really stumped for quite a while when I asked him for advice!
Anyway, the trip to the Three Sisters took just that bit too long for me to catch the sun going down - as Special Agent Smart would say "Missed it by that much!" however I used the gorilla pod as my tripod on the railing at Echo Point and managed to take a few pictures - but I shall return and take shots in daylight!!! I just had to prove I was there!
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment