Saturday, September 12, 2009

Markets and shorelines

I was so exhausted after so many hours of driving yesterday that when I turned the light out I was instantly asleep! I think what really helped was the fact that I had downloaded a program from the 'net and there is a glimmer of hope regarding that card that had all the photos wiped from it. The laptop is not powerful enough to do the job but from an hour of scanning I could see that it was actually able to locate pictures on the memory card even though the computer and the camera both told me that the card was empty. I have now put a scrap of paper with the words "do not use" in with the memory card. Fingers crossed that I can actually retrieve those cave pictures!
I went to sleep thinking positive thoughts and woke prepared for a great day.
Reading about a market at Moruya, just a few kilometres down the road from where we are staying we decided on a look-see. It was a great decision! We were able to buy our fresh vegetables for the weekend as well as a couple of jars of jam! Graham found himself a leather belt for $3. It was a fun morning.
Just around the corner at Moruya Heads we found the perfect picnic spot, near the Surf Lifesaving Club but completely free of people! The sun was warm but the wind was a bit chilly. But that did not stop us enjoying our "make it yourself" meal! I gave everyone a plate, put the bread, butter, meats and cheeses on the table and told everyone to make their own! I then discovered that I had been underfeeding my husband! He had two rounds of sandwiches today, I normally only give him one!!!
Having exhausted our guests I suggested we return to the unit for a rest before heading out again with the cameras. This proved to be a popular suggestion and when we shut the front door of the unit there were two sleeping beauties within minutes!
Around three thirty we roused the sleepers with a cuppa and three of us clambered into the car. Colin decided to stay at the unit this time, I gave him a few instructions concerning the evening meal and off Graham, Nola and I drove to take a few pictures of the afternoon light on the rugged coastline. Forgive me if I am reluctant to put the compact flash card into this laptop to show you the pictures I took. I don't want to risk losing another lot of pictures! The market shot was taken with the Samsung camera - my back up camera! I didn't think of taking a shoreline shot with it, so I will have to remember tomorrow!
At five I rang Colin and instructed him on starting to cook the meat for tea - it involved chopping onions and adding a jar of sauce but he has watched me do it so many times I was sure he could manage ok. Graham was having a frustrating time with his tripod and wasn't enjoying taking his video as much as he expected. The tripod head had come loose and it was wobbling so that he could not pan.
When we reached the Unit again we were greeted with the lovely aroma of our meal so Colin was dismissed from the kitchen and sent to find a screw driver to fix Grahams tripod and I took over with preparing and cooking the vegies. He fixed it the tripod is solid as a rock again! And you are up to date with our adventures!
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment